Thursday 30 October 2008

Like a Garden in Fantasyland.....

On Tuesday evening, we got some flurries here in Toronto. Apparently, it snowed the whole night. So the next morning, the ground was covered with a white carpet. It was the most amazing sight I have ever seen in my life. Well, most people laughed when they saw my amazement, because it’s only October. It’s already so cold and it’s snowing before Halloween.

But I couldn’t help notice the beauty of nature all around me. Every morning on my drive to work, I pass by a golf course. Next to its entrance is a beautiful red tree and red and orange bushes; well, they have turned into those colors now. On this particular morning, these plants had a fine layer of fluffy snow on them and it looked absolutely amazing. Breath-taking! What can I say; like frosting on a cake! The picture is still so vivid in my memory; I wished that I had brought my camera along with me at that point.

People at work laughed at me when I described it to them. Some found it cute, and some promised to come back in January to find out if I’m still amazed by looking at snow. All I want say now that to me, it looked like a Garden in Fantasyland, and I’m pretty sure I’ll have this picture in my head for a long time. I only wish that I had a real photo.

No comments: